Sunday, April 29, 2007

My Life: A Summary

It's been a busy few weeks around here and I figured I'd summarize some of the highlights.
-First and foremost, we did get a few days of spring in! It's since gone back to dampness and rain with a chill in the air, but why dwell on details?

-I had two wonderful weekend days basking in the perfect weather. Last Saturday, I finally got to explore my new town. I found stores and restaurants that will do as replacements for some of my favorite places from my old neighborhood. I found a store that sells Stuart Weitzman shoes, and another that has the skincare lines 'The Thymes', 'Pre de Provence', and 'L'Occitane.' Oh, and a lovely old-fashioned intimates store. On Sunday, I met my friend Floria for brunch in the city (my favorite thing to do in New York), and then we walked around. I hit up the Mets Clubhouse store and we basked in the sun in Bryant Park. On my way back to Penn Station, I bought these great slingback sandals (I got the black ones).
-I went to my first Mets game of the season, and watched them crush the Rockies. I had cotton candy and delightfully felt like an 8-year-old again! Let's Go Mets!
-I got to see my cousin Annette, who was visiting from Austin. My brother met up with us for awhile; they two of them haven't seen each other in almost 3 years! We got drinks and then sushi in midtown. It was great seeing my cousin!
-I had fondue for the first time at Annie and Jordan's place. It was so good, and I ate way too much! I also met the cutest baby (who belongs to Floria's friends Mimi and Nat).
-Today I'm going to the second round playoff game between the Rangers and the Buffalo Sabres. The Rangers are down 2 games to 0.
-I found good pizza in my town!!! Reminiscent of the pizzas in Italy, this was somewhere between the size of a regular pie and a personal pizza, with a super thin crust. I got it 'Margharita', meaning fresh mozzerella, fresh basil, fresh tomato sauce. Yummy!

1 comment:

Princess B said...

Sounds yummy! I gotta come visit you sometime. I'm in charge of the New York (and New England) market at work and we have a new client on Long Isand in Nassau county, so I'm trying to become more familiar with the area.