Monday, June 18, 2007

Some More Product Plugs (and their stories)

Pizza: I've been trying to eat as healthy as possible, choosing organic when available (and when budget-friendly), eliminating hydrogenated oils, avoiding over-processed foods, etc. The two biggest challenges I've had to this are 1) the cost, and 2) nights like tonight when I don't feel like cooking and just want a quick bite (i.e. frozen food). To the supermarket I went tonight, finally deciding on Amy's Veggie Pizza (made with organic veggies and a whole wheat crust). The price was a little steep: about $7, but the knowledge that I could get two meals out of this, and thus the price was only $3.50 per meal, made it much more palatable. Well, the pizza was delicious. The crust got nice and crunch and tasted amazing. Like the back of the box promised, there was the perfect proportion of toppings to the crust thickness. A must-try.

Snack: Stacey's Pita Chips are delicious and, a warning, addictive!

Blister Pads: Seriously, don't make fun of me, but I LOVE the Band-Aid brand blister pads. You can use these two ways. The first is as a preventative measure: just put one on where your shoe is rubbing against your foot. The second is to prevent further pain if you already have a blister (just place it right over the blister). They are nice and thick to prevent any rubbing
and really stay in place - for a few days! I also like that they are exactly the same color as my skin and thus barely detectable. They come in two shapes/sizes: The first is made for fingers and toes, made to wrap around the appendage. The second is a larger, oval-shaped piece that's perfect for the back of your heel.

No comments: