Monday, September 10, 2007

Giving into Temptation (or, a typical Chris story)

Those of you who've known me since way back when know that sometimes (more times than not), things just happen to not go my way. I had one of those incidents today. Don't ask me why, but on my way back from the gym, I got the worst craving for one of those Alba 77 chocolate shakes (the ones where you add milk and ice to the powder and blend it all together). My mom bought a box or two of them back in the day, and honestly, I don't think I've had one since I was about 8 years old. But suddenly, the vision that shake hit my conscious, I could practically feel the unique frothy-icy texture on my tongue, and I just HAD TO have one, immediately. I stopped off at the tiny grocery store a block down from my apartment, but alas: no Alba 77. They did however have Carnation Instant Breakfast, and I figured it would do, considering the pinch I was in. On my way out, I noticed that the car next to me was awfully close to my car, and there was a tiny scratch on my passenger door. I was able to rub most of it out, but I still got into a little tiff with the guy, who claims it wasn't him (let's not even get into the fact that the paint color on my door was the same exact steel blue as his minivan). All I could think about is that the shake better be worth a tiny scratch! I arrived home, only to remember that I don't have a blender - I thus pulled out my food processor, knocking down my cookbooks and bottle of vinegar in the process. I loaded the food processor with the shake, milk, and ice, and...... got completely sprayed by the shake exploding out of the top of the food processor! I got Chocolate Carnation Instant Breakfast ALL OVER MY KITCHEN! Who knew that ice cubes don't act normally in a food processor?! It sort of reminds me of the time I put milk in the tea kettle, but that's another story for another day.... Anyways, the chocolate shake is just like I remember it: thick and frothy, and I am on cloud 9! It was just easier back in the day when Mom took care of the clean-up....

No comments: