Sunday, December 30, 2007

Random Thoughts

Here are some random thoughts I've meant to post, with none being substantial enough for its own post:

1) I am STILL sick. For those of you counting, I got sick the weekend before Halloween. It's all related to my sinuses, allergies, and a wonderful asthmatic cough that has developed. And let's not forget the antibiotics that destroyed my stomach as well as my sense of taste and smell. At one point I was on seven medications.

2) My newest favorite snack and/or meal: Greek yogurt with honey. I can't even begin to tell you how delicious this is. You can buy the pack with the honey on the side, but I just buy the huge tub of Greek yogurt (fage brand is my favorite) and add honey on my own. The whole milk yogurt is so creamy but fattening, so I go with the 2%. Don't try the fat free - it is too tart and thin. The greek yogurt is a little more like sour cream, so much better than the Dannon-type yogurts!

3) I am in dire need of a new computer, ready to chuck this one out the window. I have to suffer though until I have the funds. On the horizon: a MacBook. I cannot wait!

4) What ever happened to the Christmas Season lasting until the Epiphany? I'm so frustrated: they put Christmas stuff out by the end of October, and by 8pm on Dec. 25 there is an abrupt end to everything! Why not start the Christmas season later (i.e. after Thanksgiving like it's supposed to be), and then gradually fade out of it after 12/25 so that by January 6 it's all finished?

No comments: