Sunday, June 3, 2007

A Shoe Penalty

This past Thursday, my building finally decided to share with me their shoe dress code (I've only been working there for two years, I mean, why the rush?). Turns out, I am not allowed to wear shoes with open backs. This poses no problem to me in the winter, as I'm usually in pumps or boots (and I personally am not too big a fan of mules, but that's another story for another day....). But in the warmer months, this dress code means that I can't slip into a pair from my variety of slides.

I know that this may be a quandry for some, but for me, it was just an excuse to go shoe-shopping. I held myself to just two new pairs of shoes, one a peep-toe with a sling back, and the other a sandal wedge with an ankle strap. As for my red, orange, green, blue, pink, brown, beige, and black pairs of summer slides? I suppose now you'll be exclusively part of the "going out" collection, removed permanently from the work collection.....

No comments: