Thursday, August 30, 2007

I Hate Ironing!

Today, looking for a way to keep myself busy enough to skip the temptation to go shopping, I decided to catch up on my ironing. Here's some evidence of my strong hatred of ironing:

1) I couldn't find the iron anywhere. After searching for about 10 minutes, I finally found it in my linen closet, stuck between the Christmas towels and my down comforter.

2) My to-be-ironed pile was so old that it contained sweaters, as well as clothes that I had last worn on my vacation in early April.

3) The clothes haven't hung for so long in my closet that the hangers have been taken over by other clothes; I'm going to need to make a trip to Bed Bath and Beyond for more hangers!

4) I started ironing after the Mets gave up their first home run in inning one, and I finished just at the start of inning 8 - about two and a half hours later.... (note: Mets losing 8-5, about to be swept by the Phillies)

5) I'm sweating like crazy (it was the first time the a/c was put on stronger than 'Speed 1'), and I have the hugest headache now. I'm in need of some serious dark chocolate.

No comments: