Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Stormy Weather

This morning, the New York metro area was hit with yet another strong storm. It was raining so hard that I couldn't even see the street from my front door. There was even a tornado in Brooklyn. Streets were flooded, highways were closed, train service (both commuter and the subway system) was suspended, and many services are still not running.

For my 'summer job', the company asked me to work a few days this week in their eastern LI location. It's so far out in the middle of nowhere that the buildings there actually have septic tanks! The 32-exit, 42-mile journey took me about 2 hours, and that was only because I waited until after the storm to leave for it. The air was like soup; even now, after 8pm, it's 88 degrees outside and very very sticky.

And the worst part is that we're supposed to be hit with another storm in the next day or two. I don't ever remember a summer where we got so many intense rain storms. What a miserable season we're having!

No comments: