Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Sweet Home Alabama

I'm a little upset I can't find a direct link to the news story, but lucky for you, I have dvr and was able to rewind this story a few times to type out the transcript... Here's how it goes, according to the CW11 news at 10:00 (yes, I know I should expect this from CW11, but there's baseball on Fox, so I can't catch the 10:00 news there)....

" "Grannie's Got a Gun." In Alabama, this 81 year old woman [camera pans to old woman rocking in a chair] took matters into her own hands when she caught an intruder in her house. He was in his underwear and he was washing his clothes in her washing machine [camera pans to a washing machine]. So she shot him."

It's times like this that I'm so thankful for living in New York. Not to say we don't have our fair share of bizarre (and too often upsetting) news, but, well, need I say more?... I'd so love to be in the interrogation room with the intruder so I could figure out why he was breaking and entering to wash his clothes!

1 comment:

Princess B said...

Man, poor guy, not only does he have nowhere to wash his clothes but then he gets shot. Things aren't going his way lately.