Sunday, February 10, 2008

Another Shoe Challenge


I think I've hit an all-time level of obsession. This time, it's creating the perfect selection of shoes to take to Paris in April. The Challenge: Shoes that meet the following requirements - (a) can withstand hours of walking (b) enough of a heel/sole so my pants don't drag on the floor, and (c) somewhat fashionable and dressy enough for European standards as well as my own standards. In the past two weeks, I've bought a pair of shoes that meets requirements (b) and (c) - gorgeous handmade loafers in brown Italian suede with a great wedge of lightweight foam - perfect for museums and sight-seeing that will only be for a few hours. I've also bought a pair of adorable light green mary-jane style sneakers by Privo (see photo) that meets requirements (a) and (b) for full days of walking. I'm thinking I'd like to round out the collection with one more pair of shoes that are a cross between the two. I'm contemplating Clark's or Merrell, both of which are entirely new territory to me, who typically prefers more streamlined, dressy pumps. And I've realized that there's nothing in the exact middle of that cross - leaving me to decide between a pair of Clark's that's got a nice wedge heel to it (I'm including a photo here) and a pair that's completely flat. Decisions, Decisions. If anyone has any input or ideas, I'd love to hear!

1 comment:

Princess B said...

The grey ones are cute!

I have an inkling for new shoes...wish you were close by so we could go shopping together! Come visit--The Wrentham Outlets are calling our name!!!
=) Miss you...