Sunday, February 17, 2008

My new favorite chicken recipe

Growing up, my mother never really used the broiler. Inheriting most of my cooking habits from her, I never made use of the broiler either until recently. My first broiler experience didn't go too well--- my party appetizer of bacon-wrapped dates ended up burned. I've learned a little more about how my broiler works, and have recently found my new favorite chicken recipe:

Put boneless skinless chicken breasts in a shallow bowl; marinate in juice of one lime, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Let set for 10 minutes at room temperate. Broil 3-5 minutes on one side. Turn, add sliced onions, broil for 3-5 minutes more. I then cut them up and make fajitas from them, with all of the normal fixings. This chicken would also be delicious over a salad, or just on its own with some sides. I love that it's about 20 minutes from start to finish, and while I'm broiling I can make the side dishes (today it was sauteed mushrooms and an avocado).

1 comment: