Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I'm Going to the Other Side

This post could possibly represent the end of an era. Specifically, the end of a Dell laptop / pc applications era. Yes folks, I am just days away from a brand-new macbook arriving on my doorstep. My reasons for needing a new computer are pretty basic: with mine approaching the 5-year mark, it operates slow at best. It has less than 10% of its disk space left. The wireless card is shot, red buttons keep flashing, I can actually hear the computer 'think' when I ask it to do something, it won't ever fully charge, and I've gotten the scary blue screen on more than one occasion. And why a mac do you ask? Mostly because it can better support my growing hobby of photography. The creative opportunities are endless, the new photo editing software pretty impressive, and let's not forget ease of use. I will never ever have to again upload photos to add to a blog, to share a photo album online, or to create photo books to be printed.

Don't you worry: I will come back one last time with a nice link for you to follow to get to my new mac website when I set it up.

No comments: